The SC Series hopper capacity is 3000L (SC1300C & SC1400C), 4200L (SC1600CF) and 4350L (SC1600F). The hopper is divided lengthwise and the two metering devices are accordingly positioned either side. The proportion is 40 : 60 or 50:50
The SC is especially adapted to suite the need of precise fertiliser placement at the seed. These crops can show substantial yield increase when applying fertiliser with a relatively high percentage of phosphate together with the seeds. In Scandinavian and Eastern European countries the fertiliser is usually placed between the rows besides and below the seed, whereas in other countries e.g. Scotland the preferred method is to apply both seeds and fertiliser in the same row. In trials of spring sown crops, yields have shown increases up to 25% compared to crops where the fertiliser has been applied by other methods.
The SC is able to deliver fertiliser application rates up to 400kg/ha and 15km/h. The pressurised hopper system of the 6m version ensures these rates are maintained even under the most difficult conditions.
- High speed operation (10 – 18km/h)
- Perfect seed placement
- Modular frame concept for flexible adjustment to customers’ requirements
- Fully ISOBUS compatible
- Easy handling and maintenance
- Automatically controlled headland management
Step 1: Level the Soil
- For the best possible preparation, the front tyre packer levels the soil, crushes large clods and thus paves the way for the optimum depth control of the following tools. The front tyre packer has a diameter of 800mm. When it is not needed, it can be lifted hydraulically, simply by pushing a button..
Step 2: Prepare the seedbed
- Two rows of the well-proven short disc harrow with its conical disc shape and individual suspension ensures a fine and uniform seedbed over the entire working width. Thanks to a new hydraulic system, the disc harrow can be adjusted with continuous variability from the cab.
Step 3 : First pack, then seed
- For perfect depth control of the coulters and an optimum seed-to-soil contact providing excellent capillary action, the loosened soil is re-compacted by a large tyre packer. The large tyre diameter of 900mm significantly reduces the tractive power required by the machine and thus ensures a consistently good work result.
Step 4 : Drill and pack at constant seeding depth
- The narrow profile of the coulters with their slightly offset steel discs allow easy penetration into the soil. Thus, little pressure is required at this point with only little soil being displaced. The coulter pressure of 100kg can, therefore, be primarily used for the pressing by the integrated press wheels. The result: a uniform seeding depth even at high working speeds! The seeding depth and the coulter pressure can be centrally controlled by the push of a button from the tractor cab – this saves additional time.
- The stable depth control and the pressing of the seed produce a capillary system in the soil that ensures access to water and excellent germination.
Step 4 : Closing
- Harrowing the soil completes the drilling. Finger harrows ensure an optimum covering of the seeds. The working intensity can be set by the stepless pressure adjustment and at three different angles. To prevent damage to the harrow when reversing, it is equipped with an effective reversing device.
- The SC comes with a fully automated headland management system. This saves the driver lots of time and eases the operation. Using just one button, the driver can initiate a headland sequence with wheels, discs and coulter bar all capable of automatic operation in timed stages. The lifting sequence starting with the disc section ensures a constant depth control until the headland.
- As the headland sequence starts, the metering device stops automatically – avoiding double seeding. The seed hoses are empty at the headland. This saves up to 5% of seed.
- The driver can concentrate on steering the machine and the correct operation. In addition double and/or missed seeding is prevented. With headland management the job can be done more quickly, precisely and efficiently. The drill requires only one double-acting spool to operate.
ELDOS – The Metering device
ELDOS is electric driven by e-com and is fully ISOBUS compatible.
GEOCONTROL by GPS signal is possible which avoids double seeding.
Special sensors ensure functionality from the tractor cab.
Five standard rotors are delivered for fine and large seeds or fertiliser.
The exchange of the rotors is quick and easily done without any tools.
Application rates from 1 to 400kg/ha are possible (depending on working speed and width).
The metering device is always easily accessible.
Very simple calibration test due to the separate seed guidance.
A remote control allows the driver to operate the calibration process at the metering device.
No gear has to be adjusted. The driver simply enters the desired values into the terminal, presses one button to start at the metering device and that’s it.
The calibration is done automatically.
A calibration flap with an integrated gate prevents any seed from dropping into the hose.
Depending on the individual agronomic requirements, the fertiliser can be applied either directly in the seeding row or in between two rows.
Fertiliser placement by the disc harrow
The fertiliser outlets in the second row of the disc harrow are allocated in such a way that the fertiliser line is applied exactly in between two sowing rows. All plants have exactly the same distance to the incorporated fertiliser depot. By adjusting the working depth of the disc harrow the depth of the fertiliser placement is controlled.
Fertiliser application in the seeding row
The fertiliser application in the seeding row is done by an extra fertiliser outlet. The fertiliser is placed in mixture with the seeds. This is especially suitable for phosphoric fertiliser in order to support the initial germination and development of the plants in the most efficient way. The special design of the coulter with two exits also allows the seeding of two different crops in just one working pass.
|Hopper||Grain / Fert||Grain / Fert||Grain Only||Grain / Fert|
|Total No. Stubble Discs||(2 rows)||24||32||48||48|
|Hopper Capacity – 60/40 split Bin||(ltrs)||3000||3000||4350||4200|
|Metering Devices – Seed/Fert||2||2||1||2|
|Double Disc w/Press Wheels||24||32||48||48|
|Sowing Row Spacing||(inches)||5||5||5||5|
|Complete Front Packer||Option||Option|
|LED Working Lights||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Headland Management System||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|